Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Job application has expired Cannot be found on the History Server

Expert Contributor

Hi ,

I am not able to see log in hue job browser . job completed successfully

hue.PNG\

but when click on log it gives 

hue2.PNG

2017-02-07 11:46:59,592 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.CachedHistoryStorage: Unable to find job job_1485978333557_0001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Champion
There are a number of settings for Jobhistory that can be causing it to expire and remove the logs.

The first is the number of milliseconds that it will keep a job and its logs around (log removal only applies if log aggregation is in use). The default is 7 days. The second is the number of jobs and the default is 20,000. That sounds like a lot of I have seen large, active clusters burn through that in 2 - 3 days.

mapreduce.jobhistory.max-age-ms
mapreduce.jobhistory.joblist.cache.size

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Champion
There are a number of settings for Jobhistory that can be causing it to expire and remove the logs.

The first is the number of milliseconds that it will keep a job and its logs around (log removal only applies if log aggregation is in use). The default is 7 days. The second is the number of jobs and the default is 20,000. That sounds like a lot of I have seen large, active clusters burn through that in 2 - 3 days.

mapreduce.jobhistory.max-age-ms
mapreduce.jobhistory.joblist.cache.size

Expert Contributor
this is resolved my setting proper permission .
Thanks

New Contributor

Thread is old but I have had the same problem.

Resolution:
The value of history_server_api_url in hue.ini should be the same as the YARN history server (yarn.log.server.url setting in YARN).
If not, update hue.ini and restart Hue.

New Contributor

Hello there,

What permission needs to be changed in order to get this issue resolved. I have checked for all the configuration parameters and everything looks good. Permission might be the issue in my case too. 

Thanks

Sunil

Expert Contributor
user mapred:hadoop for logs in /tmp