New Contributor

My Hbase Thrift Server is not Running.

While starting the Hbase thrift sever via CM Mangaer an geeting bellow error:

4:43:00.537 PMWARNMetricsConfig
Cannot locate configuration: tried hadoop-metrics2-hbase.properties,hadoop-metrics2.properties
4:43:00.859 PMINFOMetricsSystemImpl
Scheduled snapshot period at 10 second(s).
4:43:00.860 PMINFOMetricsSystemImpl
HBase metrics system started
Topics: 1
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 83

Re: My Hbase Thrift Server is not Running.

@prabhat10,

The log lines provided are not errors and probably don't have anything to do with the server not starting.

Some things to review to identify why the server is not starting:

(1)

The stdout.log and stderr.log files for the Hbase Thrift server

In Cloudera Manager, go to Hbase --> Instances --> Hbase Thrift Server

When in the Hbase Thrift Server page, click the "Log Files" drop-down and choose stout.log and stderr.log.  Generally, the last lines of the stderr.log file will indicate if the supervisor was able to start up the process or not.

(2)

If there are no errors at the bottom of the stderr.log, then it is likely the Hbase Thrift Server started up but then failed for some reason.  In this case, you want to have a look at the Hbase Thrift Server logs.

You can also view "Role Log" in the "Log Files" drop down in Cloudera Manager to view the role log.  It may be easier to read via the command line, though.  If you can, ssh to the host where the Hbase Thrift Server should be running and navigate to /var/log/hbase.

You will see your HBASETHRIFTSERVER log file(s) there and you can review the logs for review.

(3)

What is the real problem you see?  What observations tell you that the server is having a problem?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, thrift server is started.

i want to access Hbase tables using Hue. But when it try to acess it shows API error:

initially it was showing api timeout error:.

then i edited hue.ini file using CM under configuration tab by clicking on advanced property.

and added following path where my hbase-site.xml is located

hbase_conf_dir= /etc/hbase/conf

hbase.regionserver.thrift.http == enabled
hbase.thrift.support.proxyuser = enabled

after saving this its showing api error. 

What to Do 

Kindly suggest

Topics: 1
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 83

@prabhat10,

Thank you for clarifying.

In recent CDH versions, there should be no need to edit the "hbase_conf_dir" value as Cloudera Manager configures that on its own.

I would recommend reverting any changes you made to try to troubleshoot the issue and then recreate it.

Explain exactly what you are clicking on in Hue and what happens so we have some context for helping.

Next, look at the /var/log/hue/runcpserver.log file to see what messages or errors occur when Hue is attempting to connect to the thrift server.

If you are unsure what to do or what the messages show you, share with us your runcpserver.log output that shows time during your attempt to view tables in Hue

Announcements