Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect to Hue on Cloudera Quickstart Vm

Explorer

Hi,

I was able to connect Hue . Now I launched cloudera express. I was able to open cloudera manager.

Now when clikcing on hue tab on web browser, the page comming back with message as 

unable to connect.

Unable to connect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

While you are waiting on a Hue expert on this I wanted to chime in on the Quickstart VM just in case it applies to this instance.

A little more information on how you set up the VM may be helpful. We have a Community Article on How to Set Up Cloudera Quickstart VM which may also be of interest. It states, specifically, around using Cloudera Manager in the VM, a minimum of 8 GiB of RAM and 2 virtual CPU cores is required. After launching Cloudera Manager, all of the services in CDH are started, although it might take several minutes for Cloudera Manager to start all of the services. To conserve resources and improve performance, it is recommended that you stop services you do not plan to use.

I hope this helps.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Community Manager

While you are waiting on a Hue expert on this I wanted to chime in on the Quickstart VM just in case it applies to this instance.

A little more information on how you set up the VM may be helpful. We have a Community Article on How to Set Up Cloudera Quickstart VM which may also be of interest. It states, specifically, around using Cloudera Manager in the VM, a minimum of 8 GiB of RAM and 2 virtual CPU cores is required. After launching Cloudera Manager, all of the services in CDH are started, although it might take several minutes for Cloudera Manager to start all of the services. To conserve resources and improve performance, it is recommended that you stop services you do not plan to use.

I hope this helps.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.