Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Hue user cannot load data into Hive via Sqoop 1

Explorer

Hi All,

I am trying to load data from SQL Server into Hive in Hue using Sqoop 1. The following statement is working:

import --connect jdbc:sqlserver://xxx:1433;database=INFA_SOURCE --username infa_source --password B1source --table Personen -m 1

However when I add --hive-import it's not working any more. There are two jobs running and both have status succeeded, but workflow is in status killed. In the log file of first job I can see that there is a failure at the end, but it's not specified what exactly failed:

2018-01-09 10:59:10,544 [main] INFO  org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager  - Executing SQL statement: SELECT t.* FROM [Personen] AS t WHERE 1=0
2018-01-09 10:59:10,569 [main] INFO  org.apache.sqoop.hive.HiveImport  - Loading uploaded data into Hive

<<< Invocation of Sqoop command completed <<<

Hadoop Job IDs executed by Sqoop: job_1515423392261_0009

Intercepting System.exit(1)

<<< Invocation of Main class completed <<<

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]

Oozie Launcher failed, finishing Hadoop job gracefully

As the same statement works via command line, I think the issue is with Hue user that doesn't have access to /user/hive/warehouse folder, because of a sticky bit.

I found information about enabling security with Sentry, but I am not sure if that's really the issue and if this could be a solution?.

I have mainly two questions:

- Can I remove sticky bit to test the --hive-import with no issues and then bring it back?

- If the issue is with priviledges, is Sentry a possible solution?

Please let me know if you see here another problem or how else I could check it 🙂

Thanks

Anna

Who agreed with this topic