Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Pyspark Exception: The value of the provided token to the AccumulatorServer is not correct

New Contributor

After launching pyspark, I'm occasionally seeing an exception that's being print on my pyspark shell - 

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 295, in _handle_request_noblock

self.process_request(request, client_address)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 321, in process_request

self.finish_request(request, client_address)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request

self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)

File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 649, in __init__

self.handle()

File "/data0/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/spark/python/pyspark/accumulators.py", line 266, in handle

poll(authenticate_and_accum_updates)

File "/data0/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/spark/python/pyspark/accumulators.py", line 241, in poll

if func():

File "/data0/cloudera/parcels/CDH-6.1.1-1.cdh6.1.1.p0.875250/lib/spark/python/pyspark/accumulators.py", line 263, in authenticate_and_accum_updates

"The value of the provided token to the AccumulatorServer is not correct.")

Exception: The value of the provided token to the AccumulatorServer is not correct.
However, when i hit Enter key, it prompts for input and I can execute a command. 
Not sure why it's printing the exception though? Any turnarounds for the issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

We understand that after you launching pyspark getting this error. We need to look into the error more details to get the error resolved. We need to look the command line you're using to start pyspark, And also enabling Debug mode in the pyspark job will give you more information.

Cloudera Employee

Hi,

Please check in Logs whether any java.net.BindException: Address already in use is arrived, If it is seen 

It clearly resembles that port is already in use,  (i.e) something is trying to connect to the port and is blocking which we are not sure.

Possible causes Maybe 

1. Some "port scanner" or something is blocking this port (or) Some other Service is running on the port like a port scanner.

2. The accumulator is still running on those ports from an earlier run

3. Several Services may be running on this port.

Please make sure what services (or) applications is running on this port and try to stop it.