Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Spark 2

New Contributor
CDH (lower than 5.12) parcel required for SPARK2 (2.0.0.cloudera1-1.cdh5.7.0.p0.113931) is not available. How to solve this problem? I already copy SPARK2_ON_YARN-2.0.0.cloudera1.jar to the system and follow all steps from manuals.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

We were able to install the official parcel.  The only problem encountered was that all the signature files in the repository have extension .sha1.  Our CM (5.8.3) were expecting .sha .  Manually renaming it allowed the install to complete.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Expert Contributor
Did you find any solution

Master Collaborator

There is no CDH 5.12. Spark 2 is availabled as a CSD. Please follow the documented steps for installing it, which never includes manually copying JARs. http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/spark2/latest/topics/spark2_installing.html

Expert Contributor

Followed same institutions. Downloaded CSD jar file and moved to /opt/cloudera/csd and restarted the server and management services. But no luck

Master Collaborator

It sounds like you only finished step 2. You need to finish all of them.

New Contributor
"4.Download the Spark2 parcel, distribute the parcel to the hosts in your cluster, and activate the parcel. See Managing Parcels." I have the trouble with activation.

Expert Contributor

@sroweni did all, downloaded parcel and distributed to all nodes, while activating the parcel i'm getting CDH (lower than 5.12) parcel required for SPARK2 (2.0.0.cloudera1-1.cdh5.7.0.p0.113931) is not available

New Contributor

by Victor 

figured it out, under parcel configurations, if I uncheck
Validate Parcel Relations

Expert Contributor

I hope it's not a good idea, as it says "Enforce that parcel dependencies are satisfied and conflicts are prevented when activating parcels. Parcel relations (Depends, Conflicts, and Replaces) can be defined the manifests of parcel repositories. Cloudera Manager can also enforce some default relations if none are defined in the manifest"

Anyway thanks for the tip 🙂

Expert Contributor

Yes, this would typically not be recommened, but is a work around for a bug.  This is fixed in CM 5.9, so when using 5.9 and newer, you should not need to disable parcel relation validation.