Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cannot access to Oozie Web UI with Error message below

Explorer

Hi,

I just installed the CDH 6.1 on my VMs, and I've tried to access to oozie web ui.

But I failed with the message below.

{
    "errorMessage": "org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Error in Javac compilation for JSP\n\n

PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage javax.servlet does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage javax.servlet.http does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage javax.servlet.jsp does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.apache.oozie.sla.service does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.apache.oozie.service does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.apache.oozie.service does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.apache.jasper.runtime does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.apache.jasper.runtime does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class JspFactory\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.glassfish.jsp.api does not exist\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class HttpServletRequest\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class HttpServletResponse\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class ServletException\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   variable JspFactory\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class PageContext\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class HttpSession\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class ServletContext\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class ServletConfig\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class JspWriter\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class JspWriter\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class PageContext\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\npackage org.glassfish.jsp.api does not exist\n\n
    PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 62 in the jsp file: \/index.jsp\nPWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n
      symbol:   variable SLAService\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 62 in the jsp file: \/index.jsp\nPWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n
      symbol:   variable InstrumentationService\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
      symbol:   variable MetricsInstrumentationService\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
      symbol:   class AuthorizationService\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
      symbol:   variable Services\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class SkipPageException\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    PWC6199: Generated servlet error:\ncannot find symbol\n  symbol:   class ServletException\n  location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp\n\n
    ",
    "httpStatusCode": 500
}

I've tried to set java home with exact location and reinstall the jdk files, but both didn't work. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Explorer

I solved this problem by installing openjdk-1.8.0 using yum and settnig java classpath.

View solution in original post

Expert Contributor

This worked for me with Oozie HA with haproxy running OpenJDK 1.8.   I did have to make sure the three jars were unlinked on both oozie servers in the /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/oozie/embedded-oozie-server/dependency/ directory.   Could it be possible that you may have these jars elsewhere in the classpath for oozie, maybe in the /var/lib/oozie directory?

unlink ./jetty-runner-9.3.20.v20170531.jar
unlink ./javax.servlet.jsp-api-2.3.1.jar
unlink ./javax.servlet.jsp-2.3.2.jar

Oozie_Web_Console_and_Instances_-_Oozie_-_Cloudera_Manager_and_1__cloudera_host-10-17-100-72____ssh__and_Oozie_Web_Console.png

Robert Justice, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Expert Contributor

This worked for me with Oozie HA with haproxy running OpenJDK 1.8.   I did have to make sure the three jars were unlinked on both oozie servers in the /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/oozie/embedded-oozie-server/dependency/ directory.   Could it be possible that you may have these jars elsewhere in the classpath for oozie, maybe in the /var/lib/oozie directory?

unlink ./jetty-runner-9.3.20.v20170531.jar
unlink ./javax.servlet.jsp-api-2.3.1.jar
unlink ./javax.servlet.jsp-2.3.2.jar

Oozie_Web_Console_and_Instances_-_Oozie_-_Cloudera_Manager_and_1__cloudera_host-10-17-100-72____ssh__and_Oozie_Web_Console.png

Robert Justice, Technical Resolution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Explorer

Yes, I found the jar in other places, I remove the link, now the oozie web ui work fine! Thank you!

Now I try to fix the oozie ha problem.