Contributor

Cannot send email via Oozie Workflow

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide some guidance....

I have a CDH 5.4.x cluster and have created an Oozie Workflow within Hue (very simple one to read a CSV fike from an input directory, munge the file using PIG to remove "," and then send an email).

The problem is the following Java stack is dumped each time I run the workflow.

1246168-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000001-160111191246168-oozie-oozi-W@email-3d34] Error starting action [email-3d34]. ErrorType [ERROR], ErrorCode [EM007], Message [EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.]

org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.email(EmailActionExecutor.java:198)

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.validateAndMail(EmailActionExecutor.java:128)

at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.start(EmailActionExecutor.java:81)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:234)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:64)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:286)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:356)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.SignalXCommand.execute(SignalXCommand.java:433)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.SignalXCommand.execute(SignalXCommand.java:76)

at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:356)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionEndXCommand.execute(ActionEndXCommand.java:280)

at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionEndXCommand.execute(ActionEndXCommand.java:61)

at org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CallableWrapper.run(CallableQueueService.java:175)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

My cluster has the following Oozie settings (via Cloudera Manager and within the oozie-site.xml):

oozie.email.smtp.host = smtp.gmail.com

oozie.email.smtp.port  = 465   

oozie.email.from.address = oozie@localhost

oozie Email Action SMTP Authentication Enabled = TRUE

oozie Email Action SMTP Authentication Username = beacon@{domain.com}

oozie.email.smtp.password = {obfuscated}

I think this should be easy....and related to some or one of the above setting....

Can someone advise ?

Thanks in Advance,

Damion.

Expert Contributor

Re: Cannot send email via Oozie Workflow

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, response: -1

are you sure the port is 465? it seems you can't connect SMTP server.
Announcements