New Contributor

Error E0902 in Launching any Oozie workflow through Hue (Exception occured: [failure to login])?

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I have a single Hadoop cluster with 1 NameNode, 1 SecondaryNameNode and 3 DataNodes. I installed Cloudera Standard and I have a strange error when I launch any type of Oozie workflow through Hue, also an empty workflow.

The error in Hue WEB UI is:

"
Error submitting workflow Prova_workflow_vuoto - hue

E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
"

instead in Oozie service log the error is:

"
org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationException: E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
at org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationService.authorizeForApp(AuthorizationService.java:401)
at org.apache.oozie.servlet.BaseJobServlet.checkAuthorizationForApp(BaseJobServlet.java:191)
"

and in the same file there was written:

"
Caused by: org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorException: E0902: Exception occured: [failure to login]
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createFileSystem(HadoopAccessorService.java:428)
at org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationService.authorizeForApp(AuthorizationService.java:366)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: failure to login
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:694)
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.getUGI(HadoopAccessorService.java:268)
at org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService.createFileSystem(HadoopAccessorService.java:417)
... 26 more
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.security.auth.module.LinuxLoginModule.login(LinuxLoginModule.java:165)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
"

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Sebastiano.

E-mail: sebippo@gmail.com

Highlighted
Kudos: 431
Solutions: 302

Re: Error E0902 in Launching any Oozie workflow through Hue (Exception occured: [failure to login])?

> Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at com.ibm.security.auth.module.LinuxLoginModule.login(LinuxLoginModule.java:165)

As you can note from the JVM classname above, you are apparently (intentionally or accidentally) using an IBM JVM instead of the recommended Sun/Oracle JVM.

The IBM JVM has not been tested to work with CDH4 releases and we would recommend using the Oracle JVM to resolve your problem.
Announcements