New Contributor

Error Message in Oozie component of CDH

Hi,

Im a starter with hadoop. Ive installed the CDH 5.0.1 VM and been playing around with some stuff. Few days back i noticed the following error in oozie 

localhost.localdomain ERROR June 4 2014 12:25 AM ShareLibService
SERVER[localhost.localdomain] USER[-] GROUP[-] Not able to cache shareLib. Admin need to issue oozlie cli command to update sharelib.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService.init(ShareLibService.java:108)
at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setServiceInternal(Services.java:368)
at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setService(Services.java:354)

I googled a bit and found that the command - oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -shareliblist pig will help me to know if the sharedlib is present or not. It was able to find the shared lib but i wasnt able to run the update command oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -sharelibupdate. I got the null message back. So im thinking this could be the reason for the error message earlier. Why does this error message happening and what will be the impact of the error message and how do i resolve this ?

Regards

Kiran Sukumar

Expert Contributor

Re: Error Message in Oozie component of CDH

I received the same error after upgrading from CDH 4.7 to CDH 5.0.2. Were you able to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

There is the option to Install Oozie ShareLib in Cloudera Manager under the Oozie service. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem. I still received the error on startup:

2014-06-27 10:36:18,976 ERROR org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService: SERVER[servername09.ds-iq.corp] USER[-] GROUP[-] Not able to cache shareLib. Admin need to issue oozlie cli command to update sharelib.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.oozie.service.ShareLibService.init(ShareLibService.java:108)
at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setServiceInternal(Services.java:368)

When I run the command: oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -shareliblist pig, I see the following:

[Available ShareLib]
pig
hdfs://blvdevhdp02.ds-iq.corp:8020/user/oozie/share/lib/lib_20140627103340/pig/ant-1.6.5.jar
hdfs://blvdevhdp02.ds-iq.corp:8020/user/oozie/share/lib/lib_20140627103340/pig/antlr-2.7.7.jar

And this looks good. So I am not sure how to proceed to repair this problem. Any suggestions?

Kevin

Expert Contributor

I had help from Cloudera technical support and was able to resolve this problem! It seems that there was a problem in Hue, which is odd... On the node you are running Hue, stop Hue, and run the following command:

sudo /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.0.2-1.cdh5.0.2.p0.13/lib/hue/build/env/bin/hue migrate --delete-ghost-migrations

This repaired this problem. I am now able to view and create workflows in Hue and Oozie displays the results. 

Announcements