Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Got 500 Error when trying to view status of a running mapreduce job

Rising Star

We just launched our cluster with CDH5.3.3 on AWS, and We are currently testing our process on the new cluster.

Our job ran fine, but we ran into issues when we tried to view the actual status detail page of a running job.

We got HTTP 500 error when we either click on the 'Application Master' link on the Resource Manager UI page or by click on the link under 'Child Job Urls' tab when the job is running. We were able to get the job status page after it completed, but not while it was still running. 

Is anyone know how to fix this issue? This is a real issue for us.

The detail error is listed below.

Thanks

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /. Reason:

Guice configuration errors:

1) Could not find a suitable constructor in com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer. Classes must have either one (and only one) constructor annotated with @Inject or a zero-argument constructor that is not private.
  at com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer.class(GuiceContainer.java:108)
  while locating com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer

1 error

Caused by:

com.google.inject.ConfigurationException: Guice configuration errors:

1) Could not find a suitable constructor in com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer. Classes must have either one (and only one) constructor annotated with @Inject or a zero-argument constructor that is not private.
  at com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer.class(GuiceContainer.java:108)
  while locating com.sun.jersey.guice.spi.container.servlet.GuiceContainer

1 error
	at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getBinding(InjectorImpl.java:113)
	at com.google.inject.InjectorImpl.getBinding(InjectorImpl.java:63)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.init(FilterDefinition.java:99)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.initPipeline(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:98)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:114)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:113)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
	at org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer2$QuotingInputFilter.doFilter(HttpServer2.java:1224)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
	at org.apache.hadoop.http.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(NoCacheFilter.java:45)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:767)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

23 REPLIES 23

Super Collaborator

That symptoms sounds like YARN-3351 but the stack trace is not the same and that should have been fixed in the release you have also.

Can you give a bit more detail on where you saw the issue? Is this logged in the RM, do youhave HA for the RM etc. I can not really tell from this short snippet what is happening but this is not a known issue.

Wilfred

Rising Star

Hi Wilfred,

Yes, it is logged in the RM, and I do have HA setup for RM. I do have HA setup for HDFS as well.

The job did show on the RM.

Below is a screen shot of RM UI page which listed all running job. When I clicked on the ApplicationMaster link for each job under Tracking UI column, the errors page was showned instead of the actual status page. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.00.56 PM.png

I also got the same errors if I click on search icon for Child Job 1: under the Child JOb Urls on Oozie UI. 

Here is a screen shot of the oozie page.

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.04.58 PM.png

Here is the screen shoot for the error page:

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 8.13.00 PM.png

I did could get to the status page find after the job completed, but not while it is still running.

Thank you very for your help.

Super Collaborator

Please provide the log from the RM, showing the error and information before and after it.

This works for me without an issue in all my test clusters I have. If there is private information in it send it through a private message please.

Wilfred

Rising Star

There were not much error from the resource manager log.

Whenever I click on the child url, there there message like this in the RM log. I ran the job with non oozie user, but it still happened if I ran it with oozie user.

The link try to access: http://i-802bd856.prod-dis11.aws1:8088/proxy/application_1431873888015_3748

Here is the partial log.

2015-05-18 08:41:37,237 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.webproxy.WebAppProxyServlet: dr.who is accessing unchecked http://i-922ad944.prod-dis11.aws1:33802/ws/v1/mapreduce/jobs/job_1431873888015_3748 which is the app master GUI of application_1431873888015_3748 owned by inventory

2015-05-18 08:41:37,237 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.webproxy.WebAppProxyServlet: dr.who is accessing unchecked http://i-9f2ad949.prod-dis11.aws1:47581/ws/v1/mapreduce/jobs/job_1431873888015_3758 which is the app master GUI of application_1431873888015_3758 owned by oozie

2015-05-18 08:41:43,844 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.attempt.RMAppAttemptImpl: Updating application attempt appattempt_1431873888015_3758_000001 with final state: FINISHING, and exit status: -1000

2015-05-18 08:41:43,846 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.webproxy.WebAppProxyServlet: dr.who is accessing unchecked http://i-922ad944.prod-dis11.aws1:33802/ which is the app master GUI of application_1431873888015_3748 owned by inventory

2015-05-18 08:41:43,846 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.attempt.RMAppAttemptImpl: appattempt_1431873888015_3758_000001 State change from RUNNING to FINAL_SAVING

2015-05-18 08:41:43,846 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.rmapp.RMAppImpl: Updating application application_1431873888015_3758 with final state: FINISHING

2015-05-18 08:41:43,848 INFO org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.recovery.ZKRMStateStore: Watcher event type: NodeDataChanged with state:SyncConnected for path:/rmstore/ZKRMStateRoot/RMAppRoot/application_1431873888015_3758/appattempt_1431873888015_3758_000001 for Service org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.recovery.RMStateStore in state org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.recovery.RMStateStore: STARTED

I found some other people who had kind of similar message from log about (dr. who) and they were able to resolve by playing with hadoop.http.staticuser.user property or disable ACL. I tried to disabled by setting yarn.acl.enable = false, but I did  not help.

Rising Star

Hi Wilfred,

Have you had a chance to take a look with my update?

Thanks

Contributor

Hi, ttruong, did you found how to fix this error?

Super Collaborator

Sorry, this slipt through the cracks. If you have already turned of the ACL then you should be able to get the logs via the command line.

Run yarn logs -applicationId <APPLICATION ID>

That should return the full log and also follow the normal process through all the proxies and checks to get the files and we should be able to hopefully tell what is going on in more detail.

Wilfred

Rising Star

Hi Wilfred,

I really don't want to disable the ACL. I just tried to disable it to see it help to resolve the issue. I prefer to get the application log

using the UI instead of login to the host to retrieve the logs because not everyone has access to the host.

By the way, I just tried to retrive the log based on your suggestion by issue the command below, but it still did not work.

yarn logs -applicationId application_1432831904896_0149

I got this message:

15/05/28 14:51:17 INFO client.ConfiguredRMFailoverProxyProvider: Failing over to rm54

Application has not completed. Logs are only available after an application completes

Contributor

hello ttruong,

I had the same issue with you one month ago, but it was fixed by some operation(I did so many operations, I did not know which one fixed it).

And for the sevral weeks it worked fine. But yesterday, it didn't work any more, but I didn't do anything...

I guess it is something wrong with which permission of the log directory...

keep in touch

Linou