Explorer

Re: Job stuck in Accepted state under a specific pool

Actually no. I didn't do any config changes. Yarn pool allocation is same as per above fair-scheduler.xml

"The spark job submitted to root.qatest is running actually (State is RUNNING according to your screenshot)." => It shows running but it will always waiting for the task container. AM container get assigned to the job but task container never get assigned. If i see pool usage, containers will be pending.

"It may also be helpful to look at the spark job log to see if there is any useful information there." => Same job is running fine on default queue.

I see no pattern after long monitoring but it never happen with "default" pool and if number of pools are more(i tried with 3-4) then it happens frequently.

Cant see anything wrong with the logs too. I am kind of running out of ideas.
Cloudera Employee

Do you still have the RM log when the job was stuck in qatest? There maybe indication there.

Explorer

sorry for late reply.
unfortunately i don't have logs now. I will share logs if i see the same situation again.
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

I experience exactly the same issue. attaching 3 images to see what's happening. RM logs are nothing unusual...

Using CDH 5.4.5

cm-resource-pools.pngrm-gui-scheduler.pngaccepted resources.png

New Contributor

Increasing Zookeeper jute.maxbuffer has fixed the problem for me. Increased from 12 MB to 48 MB and did rolling restart to fix the issue.

Thanks

Surya