<argument>/tmp/test</argument>
  </shell>
  <ok to="end"/>
  <error to="kill"/>
</action>

But, always got the error: 
"Stdoutput Error occurred during initialization of VM
Stdoutput Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified"

The same workflow on CDH4.6.0 is working.

Cloudera Employee

Re: Oozie Shell Action Error: Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified

Did you recently upgrade Cloudera Manager?  If so, have you deployed client configs since then?  This is usually caused by the change that CM made to the HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS to include both min and max heap sizes.  If you look in /etc/hadoop/conf/hadoop-env.sh you should see the following (assuming you've deployed client configs correctly):

export HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS="-Xms268435456 -Xmx268435456 $HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS"

On a side note, you can use the oozie 'fs' action to manipulate files and directories: http://oozie.apache.org/docs/3.2.0-incubating/WorkflowFunctionalSpec.html#a3.2.4_Fs_HDFS_action

It is generally not recommended to use shell actions to run hadoop commands if it can be avoided by using native actions.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Oozie Shell Action Error: Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified

Thank you, for your reply. Yes, I did recently upgrade CM, but I didn't deploy client configs correctly. The problem has been solved. Thank you, for your recommendations.

Cloudera Employee

FYI, when specifying duplicate Java command line options, the last one wins. So it's better to append (not prepend) -Xmx and -Xms to $HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS.

Announcements