Highlighted
New Contributor

the result in [FinalStatus] cell in ResourceManager Web UI doesn't match with that of map job's log

[ Edited ]

Hi, all

We encountered a weird situation.

Although the map job did fail, the value in [FinalStatus] cell presented SUCCEEDED in ResourceManager Web UI and there had an error message revealed in map job's log.

That is , the result in [FinalStatus] cell in ResourceManager Web UI doesn't match with that of map job's log.

1. the map job did fail.

2. from ResourceManager Web UI : it presented [SUCCEEDED] at FinalStatus field.

3. dive into log : [FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask] presented.

I wonder if there is a way to fix it or not. Please kindly give me some instruction.

Thank you for your reply and support~ 

图像 1.png图像 2.png图像 3.png

Topics: 0
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 5

Re: the result in [FinalStatus] cell in ResourceManager Web UI doesn't match with that of map job's

Hello @Alfred_Lo,

Thank you for posting your query.

I could see you are using Oozie job and the job which you are referring as "SUCCEEDED" is oozie launcher job. 

So, the action which was triggered from oozie launcher got failed (Example: Your MR action, yarn action, spark action etc., ) but the oozie launcher succeeded and hence you are seeing the status of oozie launcher job as "SUCCEEDED"

Thanks,
Satz
New Contributor

Re: the result in [FinalStatus] cell in ResourceManager Web UI doesn't match with that of map job's

Hi, @satz

Thanks for your reply.

I'll discuss with my team member over this situation and your comment.

So, what if we insist on using oozie launcher to trigger any kind of action, and we want the result reprensented on ResourceManager Web UI coincide with the action result.  What should we do?

Announcements