Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

Contributor

Hello Everyone

While triggering following insert query insert into table orders_sequence  select * from orders_another;
i am getting following error messages.

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

My objectives here is to enable the compression on hive and check the fille size after compression. But the problem here is after enabling compression performing insert command is not working. I have attached the screenshot below where you can find the detail steps that i have trigger for enabling the compression and the error that has occured after insert command.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

one.JPG

two.JPG

Note : Issue occurs after below mentioned command is trigger where i have simply enable mapreduce, changed the compression to Snappy and enabled compression. After this, when i run insert command which is mentioned below it shows an FAILED error which is highlighted with red circle

three.JPG

I even checked following status as well

hive> set mapred.reduce.tasks;
mapred.reduce.tasks=-1

hive> set hive.exec.reducers.max;

hive.exec.reducers.max=1009

hive> set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer;
hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=256000000

hive> set mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum;
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum=2
hive>

hive> set hive.auto.convert.join;
hive.auto.convert.join=true

hive> set hive.auto.convert.join=false;

hive> set hive.auto.convert.join;

hive.auto.convert.join=false

hive> set hive.auto.convert.join=true;

hive> set hive.exec.dynamic.partition;
hive.exec.dynamic.partition=true

hive> set hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode;
hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=strict

hive> set hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict;

hive> set hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode;
hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict
hive>

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Is your environment kerberos enabled? If so please ensure that the user who is submitting the query has necessary access. If the user is kerberos user i think the issue shouldnt come.

Moreover check yarn for more info on process. The below error is generic. In order to know the real root cause please visit yarn and find logs for that application.