Explorer

Getting Null pointer exception while calling UDAF

I am 

I am trying to run the below UDF.

add jar /home/UDF/stats-1.0.jar;

create temporary function diffdates1 as 'com.raj.udaf.UDAFDiffOfDates';

select diffdates1(time,click_date,end_date)  from abc ;

datatypes of three column parameters sent from select query are float,string,string respectively . I am using the same datatypes to match in method from java code.

In Java UDAF file, the below method will be called.

public boolean iterate(float o1, String o2, String o3) {

System.out.println(" printing the first parameter=  " + o1);

System.out.println(" printing the second parameter=  " + o2.toString());

System.out.println(" printing the three parameter=  " + o3.toString());

StringBuilder sb1 =  new StringBuilder();

StringBuilder sb2 = new StringBuilder();

StringBuilder sb3 = new StringBuilder();

state.stringvalues.add(sb1.toString());

state.clickdateAL.add(sb2.toString());

state.enddateAL.add(sb3.toString());

return true;

}

Though , I am giving the same datatypes, but unfortunately null values are sent in to the iterate method as the datatypes are not matching .

Due to above issue, i am getting null pointer exception. I tried a lot but no luck. Please help.