06-10-2015 10:19 PM
while using Hive CLI, Even for show databases query, I am getting Exception "Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object
Time taken: 0.05 seconds" , Recently we upgraded from CDH 5.1.2 to CDH 5.4.1. But it was working fine for somedays after upgradation.
And we cant find any errors in Log, The services are running good. We are using Mysql DB as metastore db,it is working fine. I tried re-installing the service also,
again the same error continues.
Any help will be appriciated.
06-15-2015 02:14 AM
The issue is with the compression codec which we was using in 5.1.2. Later we disabled GPL Extras and forgot to change the compression codec to default. This caused the issue and it has been fixed by changing the compression codec to default.
06-15-2015 05:28 AM
Double checking, did the change to default compression fully resolve your issue? If so, it would be great if you could mark your last comment as the solution so it may help others who face a similar issue in the future. Thanks!
06-15-2015 09:16 AM
I actually removed the LZO compression codec from the list of compression codecs available, and made the compression codec as default one. After service restart everything started working as normal.
06-15-2015 09:20 AM
06-19-2018 02:02 PM
I received a similar error, but for the LzopCodec (not LzoCodec) not being found. In this case, I actually wanted to use the LzoCodec as my default compression codec (for legacy reasons...).
In order to get Hive working with Lzo on CDH 5.14.x, I did the following:
1) # Add GPLEXTRAS parcel to CM and distribute to all nodes: https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-14-x/topics/cm_ig_install_gpl_extras.html 2) # Configure HDFS to use it: http://www.roggr.com/2014/06/enabling-lzo-compression-for-hive-to.html ClouderaManager -> Hive -> Configuration -> Service-wide -> Advanced -> Hive Auxiliary JARs Directory : /opt/cloudera/parcels/GPLEXTRAS/lib/hadoop/lib # Verify it works by invoking 'show tables' in hive with debug-logging enabled. There should not be any errors. The error condition if not working complains about LzopCode (not LzoCodec) not found. hive --hiveconf hive.root.logger=DEBUG,console 3) # Configure HDFS ClouderaManager -> HDFS -> Configuration -> Service-wide -> Compression Codes (io.compression.codecs): + com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec + com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec 4) # Configure YARN/MR2 # http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/07/one-engineers-experience-with-parcel/ ClouderaManager -> YARN/MR2 -> Configuration -> SearchFor: compress -> mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress: checked mapreduce.output.fileoutputformat.compress.codec: com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec mapreduce.map.output.compress: checked mapreduce.map.output.compress.codec: com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec