Highlighted
Contributor

The jobhistory page at 'jobtracer_host:50030/jobhistory.jsp' is not picking up completed jobs.

Hello, 

The jobhistory page at 'jobtracer_host:50030/jobhistory.jsp' is not picking up completed jobs. This issue started right after jobtracker service restart.

I checked for following things:

* Permissions are fine for the jobhistory and log location

*job xml files are properply being generated on disk with latest jobs.

*Only the 'jobhistory.jsp' is not picking them up.

Our jobhistory location is at 71gb right now. Is their a chance that, jsp page is not able to pickup such a huge data ? we are currently running CDH 4.7.1 with CM 4.8.5. And also is this related to property: 'mapreduce.jobtracker.jobhistory.maxage' at  http://mapredit.blogspot.com/2011/10/hadoop-log-retention.html

This questions is related to "Jobtracker's jobhistory page is empty"

Please suggest. Any help is appreciated.

Engineer
Kudos: 433
Solutions: 303

Re: The jobhistory page at 'jobtracer_host:50030/jobhistory.jsp' is not picking up completed jobs.

I've seen this happen once where the JobHistory page tries to list the local files and finds some filenames that are unparseable (probably cause the job names carried an underscore or an odd character). Clearing away such specific jobs from the FS manually bought back the list up successfully.

I am not sure if you are facing the same problem, but you can also follow the path of clearing the whole directory (move contents elsewhere) to fix the issue for newly completed jobs (but losing previous history).
Announcements

Our community is getting a little larger. And a lot better.

Learn More about the Cloudera and Hortonworks community merger planned for late July and early August.