Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Director config overrides in template

Hello,

I am using template json files for cluster configuration, and I was wondering if there is a list of configuration items which can be used in the "configs" entry for the particular service such as HIVE, HDFS, KUDU etc.

One example:

the HA fencing methods is set via config like this:

HDFS {
    dfs_ha_fencing_methods: "shell(true)"
}

But the actual configuration value in ClouderaManager is:

dfs.ha_fencing_methods

(dfs dot ha_fencing_methods)

So my question is how to find out the correct name for the config item, if I know it from the CM?

Is it just a simple replace of dot with the underscore? Or is there any documentation listing all the available fields/configuration items for the services?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Tomas79,

Please refer to the CM and CDH documentation. Use the "API Name"

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/properties/5-15-x/topics/cm_props_cdh5150.html

Note that "Service-wide" configurations are specified at the cluster level in the serviceConfigs block while the role-specific configurations are specified per instance group in the roleTypeConfigs blocks.

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

Tomas79,

Please refer to the CM and CDH documentation. Use the "API Name"

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/properties/5-15-x/topics/cm_props_cdh5150.html

Note that "Service-wide" configurations are specified at the cluster level in the serviceConfigs block while the role-specific configurations are specified per instance group in the roleTypeConfigs blocks.

David

Thanks for the list. Is there a similar documentation for Cloudera Manager service configuration items?

I would like to set Event Server, Host Monitor, Service Monitor, Report Manager heap memory sizes in the template file.

Rising Star