Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error as "API call to Cloudera Manager failed updateConfig" & unable to set Kudu service using CLI

Explorer

Hi,

We are using cloudera director 2.1 and trying to install the CM 5.7.1, along with the same below are some sections where we have also added Kudu Parcel reference;

products {
CDH: 5.7.1
KAFKA: 2.0.0
KUDU: 0.9.1
}

parcelRepositories: ["http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/parcels/5.7.1/","http://archive-primary.cloudera.com/kafka/parcels/..."]

services: [HDFS, YARN, ZOOKEEPER,HIVE, HUE, OOZIE, SENTRY, SPARK_ON_YARN, KAFKA,KUDU]

Along with KUDU_TSERVER & KUDU_Master Roles.

There are two main error which we are getting after running command as per below;

sudo cloudera-director bootstrap-remote Bigdatacluster.conf --lp.remote.username=admin --lp.remote.password=admin -- lp.remote.hostAndPort=localhost:7189

1]

ClouderaManagerException{message="API call to Cloudera Manager failed. Method=RoleConfigGroupsResource.updateConfig",causeClass=class
javax.ws.rs.BadRequestException, causeMessage="HTTP 400 Bad Request"}

-----

Not getting any reference for this error, need help on the same.

2]  

Invalid role type(s) specified. Ignored during role creation:
KUDU: KUDU_TSERVER,KUDU_MASTER

------

How can we setup kudu as a part of this config?

Can any member please help me on the same.

Thanks in advance,

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Amit, I wanted to clarify something based on feedback that I got. If you use Directo to setup a cluster without Kudu, and then add Kudu via CM, then Director will not be able to grow or shrink the cluster thereafter as the topology has changed outside of Director. So, whether to use Director or not depends on your use-case - if you are looking at it as the means of a one-time setup that isn't going to require modifications via Director thereafter, then Director could meet your needs. However, if you want to continue using Director, then adding Kudu out-of-band will not work with Director 2.1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rising Star
Hi Amit,

Director 2.1 currently does not support Kudu-beta. However, you should be able to use Director to set up all the services other than Kudu, and then set up Kudu using CM. If you run into any issues, please post your questions here: http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Beta-Releases-Apache-Kudu/bd-p/Beta

Rising Star

Amit, I wanted to clarify something based on feedback that I got. If you use Directo to setup a cluster without Kudu, and then add Kudu via CM, then Director will not be able to grow or shrink the cluster thereafter as the topology has changed outside of Director. So, whether to use Director or not depends on your use-case - if you are looking at it as the means of a one-time setup that isn't going to require modifications via Director thereafter, then Director could meet your needs. However, if you want to continue using Director, then adding Kudu out-of-band will not work with Director 2.1.

Explorer

Thank you Vinithra. However, any ided that how soon the kudu support will be available in cloudera director?

Rising Star
Kudu will be supported in Cloudera Director when Kudu goes GA.

Can you give us more details on how you are using Director and your experience so far?