Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Instance Template Image URLs for Cloudera Director on Azure

New Contributor

I'm trying to get centos 7 on to my instance template using cloudera director being hosted on Azure.

I see from this question http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Director-Cloud-based/Deploying-Centos-7-on-GCE/m-p/41471 that I can put the url to the image into the Image Alias field and it should work.

What I can't find is the url or accepted name that Director will accept for this to happen.

Can someone point me to a list or field in Azure that will give me this information?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Director on Azure is different from Google.

The list of images can be found in the reference architecture.

How to use the latest supported image list can be found here.

In short

"The images.conf file defines the VM images Cloudera Director can use to provision VMs. The images.conf file in this repository is continuously updated with the latest supported VM images. The latest supported images can be found in the RA.

How do I update Cloudera Director with the latest certified images?

1. Take the images.conf file found in this directory and copy it to /var/lib/cloudera-director-plugins/azure-provider-1.0.1/etc/images.conf.
  2. Restart Cloudera Director with sudo service cloudera-director-server restart.
  3. Now you can use the latest certified images when deploying clusters. Note that in the Cloudera Director UI you won't see the image-name in the dropdown list - just type it manually in and it will work."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Director on Azure is different from Google.

The list of images can be found in the reference architecture.

How to use the latest supported image list can be found here.

In short

"The images.conf file defines the VM images Cloudera Director can use to provision VMs. The images.conf file in this repository is continuously updated with the latest supported VM images. The latest supported images can be found in the RA.

How do I update Cloudera Director with the latest certified images?

1. Take the images.conf file found in this directory and copy it to /var/lib/cloudera-director-plugins/azure-provider-1.0.1/etc/images.conf.
  2. Restart Cloudera Director with sudo service cloudera-director-server restart.
  3. Now you can use the latest certified images when deploying clusters. Note that in the Cloudera Director UI you won't see the image-name in the dropdown list - just type it manually in and it will work."