Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

re-run Bootstap command does not take use of updated CONF file

Contributor

From first glance, when running the bootstrap command it appears as though you can run in multiple times and that logic might exist for it take take in any changes and incorporate them.

This is based on my personal observation of running it, as it prompts the user informing that an existing configuration already exists and do they want to rebuild or resume.  I have been trying to debug configuring the "Configs" section, both at the System-wide and at the Role-level.  Given that the script errors out, i presumed that I could edit or update and then re-run the file.

My oberservation is that the re-run does not take into account any changes made to the file being submitted, as i ended up commenting out a whole section of configs and the error continued to show-up. I then terminated and re-ran the script and everything worked fine (aka, I had no parameters in the config section).

So, beware...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi,

Your observation is correct. The reason we give the choice of resume or rebuild when submitting the bootstrap command is because you might be trying to bootstrap a second cluster with the same config file.

Modifications to an existing cluster should be done using the update command, which requires the config file as input and you can make changes to the config file. However, do note that not all modifications to the config file are supported by update. Specifically, config changes are not supported with update. However, changes to instance count are supported, which allows you to grow and shrink the cluster.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

Hi,

Your observation is correct. The reason we give the choice of resume or rebuild when submitting the bootstrap command is because you might be trying to bootstrap a second cluster with the same config file.

Modifications to an existing cluster should be done using the update command, which requires the config file as input and you can make changes to the config file. However, do note that not all modifications to the config file are supported by update. Specifically, config changes are not supported with update. However, changes to instance count are supported, which allows you to grow and shrink the cluster.

Hope this helps.

Contributor
thank you for the timely follow-up...

still trying to figure our configs section though ;-(

Rising Star