Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

set nodes hostname during provisioning

Explorer

Good day,

is it possible to set a hostname on per-node basis during cluster creation.

For example may I use something like:

masters-1 {
count: 1

instance: ${instances.m5x} {
tags {
group: master-1
}
hostname: master-1.example.com
}
worker-1 {

instance: ${instances.t2l} {
tags {
group: workers
}
hostname: worker-1.example.com
}
worker-2 {

instance: ${instances.t2xl} {
tags {
group: workers
}
hostname: worker-2.example.com
}

I can not come up with a way to set up predefined hostnames for every node in director. In the past I've used terraform and chef for provisioning and it was obvious how to set hostname, create /etc/hosts file and etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Director doesn't have a built in way to specify hostnames like that. You may be able to achieve something like this through the use of bootstrapScripts which lets you run a script on the instance. Something to keep in mind, Director requires forward and reverse hostname resolutions in order to work correctly, so you will probably have to mess with DNS settings as well. This thread here may be of help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rising Star

Director doesn't have a built in way to specify hostnames like that. You may be able to achieve something like this through the use of bootstrapScripts which lets you run a script on the instance. Something to keep in mind, Director requires forward and reverse hostname resolutions in order to work correctly, so you will probably have to mess with DNS settings as well. This thread here may be of help.