New Contributor

Plotly and notebook mode

Hi there,

I am new in using the data science workbench. However I have some experience with notebooks and I tried to get visulatisations done with plotly. The result when I try to initialize the notebook mode or plot something is always the same error and no output:

cdswerror.png

I am quite sure somebody else had similar problems and maybe someone can point me to a solution.

Thanks and cheers

Benedikt

Topics: 0
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 5

Re: Plotly and notebook mode

Hello @bene

Thanks for posting your query

I suspect it could be because of some browser Issue, Could you please share us the version of CDSW which you use and as well as the complete screenshot 

Thanks,
Satz
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Satz,

Happy new year and sorry for the late reply. 

We are using cdsw 1.4.2.p1.624065 and please find attached the full command set which causes the error.

image.png

The error is independent of the web browser, I tested it with all chrome, ie and firefox. However I realized, that you commend to render pictures into an iframe and the display this iframe with the html.display function. I'll try this one, altough it is a bit more complicated...

Topics: 0
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 5

Yeah, thats right. There is some issue while rendering the images on your browser. Could you please try checking in Javascript console on any of your browser while running the snippet

you may refer below URL for opening Javascript consoles:

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-do-i-open-the-javascript-console-in-differen...

Thanks,
Satz
New Contributor

Saving the plot as js/html and displaying it with ipythons display works fine. But it is little bit complicated...

However here the output of the java script console:

cdswjserror.png

Thank you and best regards