Cloudera Labs
Provide feedback on Cloudera Labs
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Any chance to include phoenix in CDH

Any chance to include phoenix in CDH

New Contributor

Hi there,

Phoenix works well in our big data ad-hoc query over Hbase with a little PL/SQL change effort.

So, we want to know is it possible to include it in your CDH. 

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Fleming

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Any chance to include phoenix in CDH

Master Collaborator

Fleming,

I infer from this question that you are using the Cloudera Labs packaging of Phoenix? Because that already allows you to install and use Phoenix alongside CDH via Cloudera Manager. So, in a way, Phoenix is already "included" in CDH.

The only things we are not making available at this time are 1) paid support, and 2) the assurance of upgrade compatability (although I think we've actually done a decent job with that informally).

Or, are you looking for something else?

New Contributor

Hi,

For our company's policy, components will be allowed to adopte it inside our company, the first criteria is that it must be included in CDH.

That's right, I downlaoded it from phoenix website.

Is there any information about which CDH including phoenix?

BTW, actually we are making a POC for diversed ad-hoc query for critical big data with Phoenix vs. elasticsearch.

Our director prefer to elasticsearch. But I afraid of the data loss in the powerful search engine.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Highlighted

Master Collaborator