Cloudera Labs
Provide feedback on Cloudera Labs
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Bad : This host is in contact with the Cloudera Manager Server. This host is not in contact with the Host Monitor.

Highlighted

Bad : This host is in contact with the Cloudera Manager Server. This host is not in contact with the Host Monitor.

Hi Friends,

How are you doing?

I have a small issue with agent machines in my cluster. I have added two machines to my cluster to spin up data node daemons on both of them. I have deployed CDH parcels in both of them, they are added to cluster and visible in hosts page. However the status of them is red and the error message is like

"Bad : This host is in contact with the Cloudera Manager Server. This host is not in contact with the Host Monitor."

Here is the message in cloudera-scm-agent.log

`[08/Oct/2019 19:56:29 +0000] 30792 MainThread heartbeat_tracker INFO HB stats (seconds): num:40 LIFE_MIN:0.02 min:0.02 mean:0.04 max:0.10 LIFE_MAX:3.08
[08/Oct/2019 19:57:13 +0000] 30792 MonitorDaemon-Reporter throttling_logger ERROR (9 skipped) Error sending messages to firehose: mgmt-SERVICEMONITOR`

Screenshot from 2019-10-08 19-54-26.png

I have also started data node roles on both machines but they are not in contact with any of the Namenodes.

Please provide the solution.

Thank you

Regards,

Sai Krishna.