Cloudera Labs
Provide feedback on Cloudera Labs
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Flafka !!!

SOLVED Go to solution

Flafka !!!

Explorer

Hi guys,

Again, here i am in my journey to deploy Kafka+Flume. I'm receiveing data from Kafka, which is working pretty good (as always !!!). But at Flume Agent i got the following message:

isFileClosed is not available in the version of HDFS being used. Flume will not attempt to close files if the close fails on the first attempt java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.apache.hadoop.fs.LocalFileSystem.isFileClosed(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1665) at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.getRefIsClosed(BucketWriter.java:180) at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.open(BucketWriter.java:268) at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter.append(BucketWriter.java:514) at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process(HDFSEventSink.java:418) at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68) at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I'm using CDH 5.3 with Kerberos.

Any clue ????

Dino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Flafka !!!

Cloudera Employee
This basically suggests that Flume won't retry closing files. This is just an info message, and nothing to worry about. In CDH 5.4, this feature was redone to not retry closing files anyway.

There is nothing you need to worry about here.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Flafka !!!

Cloudera Employee
This basically suggests that Flume won't retry closing files. This is just an info message, and nothing to worry about. In CDH 5.4, this feature was redone to not retry closing files anyway.

There is nothing you need to worry about here.