Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Adding Gateway node

Contributor

Hi

I have only Masternode and Data nodes on my cloudera Cluster.

I want to add a new host and assign it Gateway node which the team will connect and work

Please help on documentation links and optimal hardware configuration for gateway node.

1 REPLY 1

Cloudera Employee

Gateway roles have no specific hardware configuration requirements.  A gateway role simply copies the configuration files needed for a given role to be accessed from a host outside of the cluster. The hardware configuration will depend on what your team will be doing on the host.

Here is a link to the documentation on managing roles:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_managing_roles.html

Gateway Roles

A gateway is a special type of role whose sole purpose is to designate a host that should receive a client configuration for a specific service, when the host does not have any roles running on it. Gateway roles enable Cloudera Manager to install and manage client configurations on that host. There is no process associated with a gateway role, and its status will always be Stopped. You can configure gateway roles for HBase, HDFS, Hive, Kafka, MapReduce, Solr, Spark, Sqoop 1 Client, and YARN.