Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Agent fails to deploy on scm-server machine of a cluster

Explorer

Hello,

i'm installing CDH5.3.0 using Automated Installation by Cloudera Manager on a cluster of 10 machines. While configuring the agents, it fails to install on the machine where scm-server was installed. This machine is also in the cluster and OS is RHEL 6.

There no error reported on the deployment GUI. The only message i ca see is: cloudera-manager-agent must have Version=5.3.0 and Build=166, exiting.

I need a help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hey there,

had the same issues.

In my case it was enough to switch language of the OS to English cause apparently cloudera installer has some 'strict textual rules' in discovering what sort of software you have already installed with yum. 

Later on I've found it's possible to change lang settings in /etc/sysconfig/i18n [for rhel os]  file - haven't tried it though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Explorer

Hey there,

had the same issues.

In my case it was enough to switch language of the OS to English cause apparently cloudera installer has some 'strict textual rules' in discovering what sort of software you have already installed with yum. 

Later on I've found it's possible to change lang settings in /etc/sysconfig/i18n [for rhel os]  file - haven't tried it though.

Explorer

Thank you very much Ive.

This solution worked fine when i switched language from fr_FR.UTF-8 to fen_US.UTF-8 on each host of the cluster.

My next question is how to make it comply with french language?

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Are you able to provide the log
snippets from /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer ? Just the ones
which show an error.

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Explorer

Hi GautamG,

unfortunately i've already made a cleanup when i found the solution of this issue.

I did'nt backup the logs prior to this cleanup. Therefore i can't provide these logs.

But as i said, changing language to en_US solved the problem.

Thanks.....