Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDF - Add NiFi CA Service Service to Cluster - FileNotFoundException

Explorer

Using CM with CDF, using Parcels, trying to Add NiFi CA Service to cluster. Got the following error while trying to activate roles:

at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseXml(XmlTools.java:122)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseHadoopXmlConf(XmlTools.java:51)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.getGlobals(Configuration.java:73)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.substitute(Configuration.java:89)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:57)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.JobProcessor.<init>(JobProcessor.java:45)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.Main.main(Main.java:30)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/59-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER/staging/globals.xml (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:90)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:188)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:623)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:148)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:806)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:243)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:205)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseXml(XmlTools.java:120)
	... 6 more

Any advice?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@anung,

I also used the instructions here:  https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/CFM/CFM-1.0.1/installation/content/overview.html

I tested by making sure that the CA service could not access /var/lib/nifitoolkit and reproduced the error you are seeing.

I did the following:

chown root:root nifitoolkit/

chmod 700 nifitoolkit/

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Jul 13 13:44 nifitoolkit

I get:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2549-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER/staging/globals.xml (No such file or directory)

So, yes, the process must be able to create the /var/lib/nifitoolkit directory and it must be owned by "nifitoolkit".

You can try:

mkdir /var/lib/nifitoolkit

chown -R nifitoolkit:nifitoolkit /var/lib/toolkit

Then try restarting.  If there is still a problem, let's look at your ls -lart /var/lib output

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Explorer

Adding Sys Info:

CDH 6.2.0 (Parcels)

CM 1.0.0.0

Explorer

In looking around the fs, I see that the missing files are in fact under a different path, starting at /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/.

The files are in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/89-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER.

Does anyone know why the parcel installer would put files in a location that is slightly different, but still in the .../process/... path?

New Contributor

hi Sheldon_G

did you or solve this problem?

i'm facing same error during reinstall of NiFiCA.

i've looked for any documentation but nothing found...

thanks for any halp

Explorer

Nando - no I am still waiting for guidance to get this issue resolved. If I get any resolution I will update this thread.

New Contributor
yup, me too, trying with CDF 1.0.1.0 got this exact error message

Master Guru

@anung @Sheldon_G @Nando ,

I'm sorry to hear you are hitting this issue.  Let me walk through the install and see if I can lend a hand.  What instructions are you using? 

Master Guru

I tested on CM 6.2 and did not encounter the problem on CFM 1.0.1.0.

My process directory (created by CM/agent for the process to start) does not include the file.

However, the config.zip that is in the process directory does contain it:

[root@host-10-17-100-225 2537-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER]# unzip -l config.zip
Archive: config.zip
Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
2094 07-13-2019 13:44 staging/globals.xml
1192 07-13-2019 13:44 logback.xml
828 07-13-2019 13:44 scripts/cc.sh
294 07-13-2019 13:44 cloudera-monitor.properties
238 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/configbuilder/ca-config.json
0 07-13-2019 13:44 redaction-rules.json
308 07-13-2019 13:44 cloudera-stack-monitor.properties
1205 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/templates/env.sh
1280 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/templates/config.json
989 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/templates/hadoop_xml_properties.j2
2332 07-13-2019 13:44 scripts/control.sh
1006 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/configbuilder/control-env.json
809 07-13-2019 13:44 aux/defaults/nifi-ca-client.xml

I saw one hint in an internal discussion that permissions on /var/lib/nifi* could be an issue... can you do an "ls -lrt /var/lib/nifi*" and show the results?

I'll work with the NiFi team on Monday to see if we can get this working for you.

New Contributor

Hi Bgooley,

thank you for responding, I tried sith Support Portal but CDF is not there yet 😛

I dont have /var/lib/nifi in the server. strange...

should I mkdir manually?

I'm using instruction from Hortonworks sites

Master Guru

@anung,

I also used the instructions here:  https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/CFM/CFM-1.0.1/installation/content/overview.html

I tested by making sure that the CA service could not access /var/lib/nifitoolkit and reproduced the error you are seeing.

I did the following:

chown root:root nifitoolkit/

chmod 700 nifitoolkit/

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Jul 13 13:44 nifitoolkit

I get:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2549-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER/staging/globals.xml (No such file or directory)

So, yes, the process must be able to create the /var/lib/nifitoolkit directory and it must be owned by "nifitoolkit".

You can try:

mkdir /var/lib/nifitoolkit

chown -R nifitoolkit:nifitoolkit /var/lib/toolkit

Then try restarting.  If there is still a problem, let's look at your ls -lart /var/lib output