Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDF - Add NiFi CA Service Service to Cluster - FileNotFoundException

Explorer

Using CM with CDF, using Parcels, trying to Add NiFi CA Service to cluster. Got the following error while trying to activate roles:

at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseXml(XmlTools.java:122)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseHadoopXmlConf(XmlTools.java:51)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.getGlobals(Configuration.java:73)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.substitute(Configuration.java:89)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.configuration.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:57)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.JobProcessor.<init>(JobProcessor.java:45)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.Main.main(Main.java:30)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/59-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER/staging/globals.xml (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:93)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:90)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:188)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:623)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:148)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:806)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:771)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:243)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
	at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:205)
	at com.cloudera.cfg.tools.XmlTools.parseXml(XmlTools.java:120)
	... 6 more

Any advice?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@anung,

I also used the instructions here:  https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/CFM/CFM-1.0.1/installation/content/overview.html

I tested by making sure that the CA service could not access /var/lib/nifitoolkit and reproduced the error you are seeing.

I did the following:

chown root:root nifitoolkit/

chmod 700 nifitoolkit/

drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Jul 13 13:44 nifitoolkit

I get:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2549-nifitoolkitca-NIFI_TOOLKIT_SERVER/staging/globals.xml (No such file or directory)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)

So, yes, the process must be able to create the /var/lib/nifitoolkit directory and it must be owned by "nifitoolkit".

You can try:

mkdir /var/lib/nifitoolkit

chown -R nifitoolkit:nifitoolkit /var/lib/toolkit

Then try restarting.  If there is still a problem, let's look at your ls -lart /var/lib output

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

New Contributor
Hi bgooley,

yes it's works!

thank you

BR,
Anung

Explorer

@bgooley Yes this fixed it for me. It was a permissions issue.