New Contributor

CDH 5 Cloudera Manager Installation on CentOS 6.4 Path A

Hi community,

I have the following notice : "NOTICE: Directory creation failed" at the beginning of Path A Installation using root user.

Didn't find any explanation so still stuck on this. I cannot find any log of the installation to get further understanding.

Any idea is welcome,

New Contributor

Re: CDH 5 Cloudera Manager Installation on CentOS 6.4 Path A

Hi community,

Does anyone has any idea to share on this issue? I'm really disappointed due to my inability to install the cluster via Cloudera Manager as it "should be" very simple to deploy but I must admit that I didn't find any clue neither log file to help me understand and solve the problem.

Thanx in advance,

Edmond,

Topics: 51
Kudos: 86
Solutions: 49

There should be a log file in /tmp on your server.  I forget the actual name, but it should have the words "scm" and "installation" in the name.  Can you look for that log file and share with us it's contents?

Cloudera Employee

The Path A (cloudera-manager-installer.bin) method will log its successive steps in /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/*.log. Please check there for the highest-numbered log, and it should give detail on the last activity it attempted to perform.

New Contributor

Dear community,

I checked /var/log/clouderamanager, I got only one file in the directory: 0.check-selinux.log. I ran the sestatus command and my selinux is disabled.

Nothing special in /tmp

Highlighted
New Contributor

All my issues were linked to rights on folders /usr/shar, /opt and file system storage shortage.

My cluster is up and running, thank you to all who helped.

Announcements