Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDH 5 fails to upload Oozie ShareLib on Ubuntu 12.04

New Contributor

I'm trying to install CDH 5 to a cluster I have, but it fails during installation with Cloudera Manager.

Specifically it's the installation of Oozie that are causing issues. The installer stops at the following step:

Failed to upload Oozie ShareLib.

Stderr

Program: oozie/oozie.sh ["install-sharelib","oozie-sharelib-yarn.tar.gz","hdfs://SKP-Cluster-1L:8020"]

at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:1026)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1986)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1982)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:415)
	at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1554)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1980)

at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1409)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1362)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)
	at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:362)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFollowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1438)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1260)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:525)
--------------------------------------

Stdout

Program: oozie/oozie.sh ["install-sharelib","oozie-sharelib-yarn.tar.gz","hdfs://SKP-Cluster-1L:8020"]

Wed Aug 27 09:11:57 CEST 2014
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle-cloudera
using 5 as CDH_VERSION
using /var/lib/oozie/tomcat-deployment as CATALINA_BASE
the destination path for sharelib is: /user/oozie/share/lib/lib_20140827091200

What could be causing this? And more important; how can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

I ended up ditching Ubuntu and moved to CentOS instead. It solved my problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please have a look at the stderr and stdout logs that will be linked in the
Cloudera Manager view. Toward the end of those logs you will see the
reasons logged, please paste them here and we can work to fix the problem

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

New Contributor

So, when using "Links to full logs" it gives me this:

HTTP ERROR 502

Problem accessing /cmf/process/73/logs. Reason:

Connection refused