Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDH4 installation problem

Explorer
Hello!
I am installing Cloudera CDH4 using Cloudera Manager on Ubuntu 12.04 (using parcels). I am installing CDH on cluster that consists of two nodes (two virtual machines). Both nodes can ping each other and both have SSH installed. I follow the instruction from cloudera site. I get to the moment where Cloudera Manager is starting installation and in my opinion it hangs. I see 
" Cluster installation
Installation in process"
for hours. Any Idea what can I do?
The "Continue" button is unuseable and when I click "Back" button I see the window to approve abort operation. When I click "OK" nothing change.
Any help would be appreciate!
Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

The reason was that I didn't put repository address (I miss that). When I did installation process has started. Thank You for Your help.

Regards

Andrzej

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

There should be a log file in your /tmp directory on the machines called "scm_prepare_node.???"  (I think that's about right, replace the question marks with a random string).  Can you share with us the contents of that file?

Explorer

Hello!

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately in /tmp there is no files You said. There is only catalog: /tmp/hsperfdata_cloudera-scm and in this catalog is one file: 1422. This is binary file so I am not sure You want to watch on it. On the second node there is no files or catalogs in /tmp that might by conected with CDH.

Any idea what to do next?

Regards

Andrzej

Explorer

The reason was that I didn't put repository address (I miss that). When I did installation process has started. Thank You for Your help.

Regards

Andrzej

Guru

Thanks for the follow-up, glad its working now!