Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CLOUD era 5.14 installation failed with Path A installation

Explorer

Hi,

I have tried cloud 5.14 insstallation with path A. tried with single node/multinode.i ran the installtion from root user.

it always failed in  " cluster steup steps"

When i went threought the log file  found the below issues and tried to fix it manaully .

1> The cloudera-scm user got created, but doesnt have sudo privillage guiven by root user. i gave it manually'

2>  neither zookrrper/name node/hdfs starets , because , it was unable to create any of the directories under /var/lib  or var/log or /dfs.

3> Also the auto installer didnt create the os user like zookeeepr/hdfs users. . thats why it is faling.

i have selinux disabled

[root@centosgold snn]# sestatus
SELinux status: disabled
[root@centosgold snn]#

Please help

some of the error

Invalid config, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig$ConfigException: Error processing /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/26-zookeeper-server/zoo.cfg
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:131)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:106)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: dataLogDir /var/lib/zookeeper is missing.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parseProperties(QuorumPeerConfig.java:287)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:127)
... 2 more

=================

2:02:54.536 PM ERROR Main
Error creating LevelDB timeseries store in directory /var/lib/cloudera-service-monitor/ts
java.io.IOException: Unable to create new directory at /var/lib/cloudera-service-monitor/ts/ts_entity_metadata
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBUtils.openVersionedDB(LDBUtils.java:257)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBUtils.openVersionedDB(LDBUtils.java:212)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.openMetadataDB(LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.java:148)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.<init>(LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.java:138)
at com.cloudera.cmon.firehose.Main.main(Main.java:474)

=-================

Unable to access datadir, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog$DatadirException: Missing data directory /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2, automatic data directory creation is disabled (zookeeper.datadir.autocreate is false). Please create this directory manually.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.<init>(FileTxnSnapLog.java:102)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:109)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:91)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:53)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:121)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)

====================== 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi Datta,

You should not have to give anyone privs, CM will take care of that all for you.

Tina

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Explorer

Hi Tina,

one more thing , do we have to give all users cloudera-scm,apache,hdfs ,zookeper sudo preivilalges  before installation . or it ewill automaically taken care

Datta

Super Collaborator

Hi Datta,

You should not have to give anyone privs, CM will take care of that all for you.

Tina

Explorer

Hi Tina,

my CDH is up and running now , when i unechked single user option , thanks .

Datta