Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CM does not show Impala all queries. Service monitor possibly refuses queries.

Explorer

Hi,

The Cloudera Manager Impala service "Queries" tab does not show all queries. Furthermore I see a lot WARN logs in service monitor logs. Like this one:

8:13:07.890 AM WARN ImpalaQueryManager
Impala query: 314234f1b5c26d41:c0205b9200000000 with endTime 2018-04-03T09:13:06.973Z is outside acceptance window.

I could not find anything about what could cause this warning message. Time is configured correctly with the same timezone on all servers. 

I am using CDH 5.14 managed with CM and Kerberos authentication.

Thx for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

After further investigation, I found out that the timezone "seen" by Java was different than in OS. I added this startup parameter to the service monitor configuration which configures the timezone

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Bratislava

After that, the logs showed the correct event timestamp and the service monitor started to accept query information from agents. Now I am able to see the queries in CM impala/queries tab. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

One interesting thing I found out is that the timestamp of service monitor logs is different from the service monitor OS time. After running this command 

tail -n 1 mgmt-cmf-mgmt-SERVICEMONITOR-ba-servicemonitor-v.jumbo.hq.eset.com.log.out; date

I got:

2018-04-04 07:10:51,650 DEBUG org.mortbay.log: RESPONSE /  200 <--- Service monitor log

Wed Apr  4 08:10:51 CEST 2018   <-- date command output

Can someone give me a hint where servicemonitor looks for timezone settings?

Thx.

Explorer

After further investigation, I found out that the timezone "seen" by Java was different than in OS. I added this startup parameter to the service monitor configuration which configures the timezone

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Bratislava

After that, the logs showed the correct event timestamp and the service monitor started to accept query information from agents. Now I am able to see the queries in CM impala/queries tab.