Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CM5 Service Monitor Failed & Could Not Connect to Host Monitor Errors

New Contributor

Hi,

I installed CDH5 using installation path A and everthing is working with the exception of the monitoring.  

All services have "Unknown Health", charts have the error of "Unable to issue query: could not connect to the Host Monitor", the top of the home page has "Request to the Service Monitor failed. This may cause slow page responses".  The last error when clicking into it returns a 404 error.

Looking at the logs I'm seeing the following warnings:

1 - WARN [1752771961@scm-web-7:cmf.StatusProvider@503] Failed to get status.

2 - WARN [1202997703@scm-web-1:tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService@503] Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM.

3 - WARN [44428231@scm-web-34:cmf.EventsController@503] Exception querying events com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocatorException: There is no configured event store

I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks - J

12 REPLIES 12

Mentor
Can you post your entire Service and Host monitor logs here, or via pastebin links?

New Contributor

this is entire Service and Host monitor logs

ServerLog

I don't have a QQ account. Please use a service like pastebin that doesn't
need us to sign in.

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

New Contributor

Hi, i have the same problem,did you have resolve it ? very thanks~!

Expert Contributor

i got the same error,

Restart your Cloudera management services,it will get working.

Contributor

I am getting the same issue. However, I am not getting the option of cloudera management services to restart on UI< attached is the screenshot. Do we need to install and configure anything else apart from cloudera-scm-server and cloudera-scm-agent?

swapko_0-1617785250343.png

Community Manager

@swapko as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Does your CM work well? I met the same truble: 2014-11-13 21:39:24,485 WARN 460709139@scm-web-34:com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService: (107 skipped) Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM. com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocatorException: Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM. at com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocator.getNozzleIPC(MgmtServiceLocator.java:141) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.NozzleRequest.(NozzleRequest.java:50) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesMultiRequest.(TimeSeriesMultiRequest.java:48) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService.queryTimeSeries(TimeSeriesQueryService.java:306) at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.charts.TimeSeriesQueryController.queryTimeSeriesHelper(TimeSeriesQueryController.java:303) at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.charts.TimeSeriesQueryController.queryTimeSeries(TimeSeriesQueryController.java:269) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor808.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:436) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:424) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:669) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:585) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727) …… ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I really don't know why? If anyone can tell me why ,I would be grateful.