Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudea parcel distribution

Contributor

Hi

I have tried all possible combinations to install cloudera express edition. everytime i get stuck at parcel distribution. I am installing on azure using ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The port 7191 and other parcel configuration are in place, no firewall, all mentioned ports are working. The heart beating of thread is creating frustration from last two days.

The logs of agents are fine only the server log has one exception. please resolve at the earliest as i need to make choice between opting for enterprise edition vs other distribution 

error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi

I have opted for Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub from Azure Market place. Once installed i have customized it. Azure installed the Cluster in VNet with Subnets. 

I am able to get it working. However, the above one is not working. I am using this option now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues @Shafiullah. While you are waiting for more experienced help I thought I would drop in a link to our Community Article (with video) on Path B installation of Cloudera Manager to see if it may be of assistance. There is also another one on Hearbeat errors that could be worth a look. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Thank you so much. I have tried the installation on Google Cloud it works like a charm and installs in an hour. No issues at all.

There is something with Azure platform. The installation is not straight forward. I tried Path B as well as manual installation. Getting lot of problems. Is there any reference link to install cloudera latest one on Azure Platform. 

Please share the link. Otherwise no issues at all on Google Cloud

Community Manager

Have you looked at this page in the documentation? 

Getting Started on Microsoft Azure

Hopefully that gets you to a better place. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi

I have opted for Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub from Azure Market place. Once installed i have customized it. Azure installed the Cluster in VNet with Subnets. 

I am able to get it working. However, the above one is not working. I am using this option now.