Explorer
Accepted Solution

Clouder Manager fails to start HDFS

[ Edited ]

Encountered the following after restarting a cluster running on EC2.  The shutdown was not graceful.   The "permission denied" seems to conflict with "FileNotFoundException"  

All other rolls start up healthy.

thx

Failed to start namenode.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data0/dfs/nn/current/VERSION (Permission denied)
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:241)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.StorageInfo.readPropertiesFile(StorageInfo.java:245)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.StorageInfo.readProperties(StorageInfo.java:231)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverStorageDirs(FSImage.java:325)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:202)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFSImage(FSNamesystem.java:1006)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.loadFromDisk(FSNamesystem.java:736)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.loadNamesystem(NameNode.java:531)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:587)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:754)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:738)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:1427)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:1493)
Cloudera Employee

Re: Clouder Manager fails to start HDFS

Please verify if the VERSION file is available and readable by the hdfs
user. If yes then what are the contents?

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan
Explorer

I rebuilt it from scratch.  The cause was an improper shutdown.  I'll open a new thread if I encounter the same problem again.

New Contributor

The same problem after reboot. How rebuilt from scratch? 

Announcements