Contributor
Accepted Solution

Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its space

Hello,

I am running into this issue, one of my host says that process directory memory is full, i am new to cdh. Any suggestions how should act to this ? should i change the directory path ? if yes how ?

Complete warning:

• The health test result for HOST_AGENT_PROCESS_DIRECTORY_FREE_SPACE has become bad: The Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its space free. /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process (free: 420.0 KiB (0.01%), capacity: 3.9 GiB)
Expert Contributor

Re: Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its sp

Hi @hadoopNoob,

Your agent directory is in a disck with few memory, you need to move the directory to another unit with more space memory.

You need to change the path in the configuration file. Usually located in /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini

Then, restart the agent, service cloudera-scm-agent restart.

Regards,

Manu.

Highlighted
Topics: 1
Kudos: 278
Solutions: 132

Re: Cloudera Manager Agent's process directory is on a filesystem with less than 100.0 MiB of its sp

@hadoopNoob,

In order to address this issue, you will need to free up space in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process.

To do so, we need to know much space each process directorty is taking and also how old they are.

You can try listing the directories in order of size with a command like:

du -h --max-depth=1 /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | sort -h

It is OK to delete directories in /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process provided that process directory is not used for a running process.

/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process is where the configuration for any role you are starting resides, so if you run out of space, you will not be able to start processes on that host.