Cloudera Employee

Re: Cloudera Manager Installation Path B_Step 5_sudo service cloudera-scm-server start FAILURE

Which web console are you trying to access?

Cloudera Manager by default listens on port 7180, and by default doesn't require anything like LDAP authentication, so you'd normally point your web browser to http://<cm_host>:7180 and then login with the default username and password, which is admin / admin.

If you're having trouble logging in to Cloudera Manager's web UI, what errors are there in log files in /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/ ?

Thanks,
Darren
Explorer

Re: Cloudera Manager Installation Path B_Step 5_sudo service cloudera-scm-server start FAILURE

Thanks...

It was port number that was given wrong...

Now I am able to work on Cloudera Manager now...   :)

Champion Alumni

Are  you able to access the web page and login using default credentials?

Explorer

Yes, I am now able to access to web console , although there seems some problem here installing impala, and no graphs showing charts in homepage, as host monitor is not started..

but will do sum research as what can be the issue....

Cloudera Employee

Rakesh,

Take a look at these exiting articles on the subject of installing CM over an existing CDH cluster.  It is a manual process to complete.

http://community.cloudera.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=CM+existing+cluster

New Contributor

Hi Darren, 

I followed your step and reset /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/ but now i am unable to open hive in terminal and also HUE is not working on web browser.

What should i do to fix my hive and hue problem.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Problem with your database.

check your /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties, 

if there is no proper db properties showing, it is definitely problem with your database.

try to run following command and check whether you can connect to the scm database or not. 

/usr/share/cmf/schema/scm_prepare_database.sh mysql -u 'temp' -h ' external db host or localhost' -p --scm-host 'cmhostname or localhost' scm scm scm

once scm database created, check the db.properties again.

Now start the cloudera-scm-server again.

Hope this helps.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 281
Solutions: 132

@Neta Je,

If Hive and Hue used the embedded database as their database, then the steps you took to delete the CM database may have also deleted your Hive, Hue, and other databases.

If you took a backup before deleting /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db you may be able to recover, but it is tough to say what to do without knowing if Hive and Hue were configured to use the embeded postgres that stores its files in /var/lib/cloudera-scm-server-db/

Ben

Topics: 1
Kudos: 281
Solutions: 132

LOL... just checked the dates.  It has been quite a while since Neta Je posted this (09-03-2015!)

I just saw your response, @Koti_Karri and followed along ;-).