Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager agent software version and the Host Monitor software version do not match

New Contributor

Hey guys,

I've been using CM 4.6 since June and it's been a pretty good experience. Today we've decided to upgrade CM to 4.8 (in preparation for CDH 4.3 to 4.5 upgrade) and the upgrade went VERY smoothly. No errors showed up during the upgrade, all was green up until the upgrade was complete. Now CM says that the version of my agents on all servers is incorrect. I've checked installed rpm packages versions - they match completely. I've clicked on "Host Agent: Details" link on the host page and looked at the logs - I have 4.8.0 version of the agent and CM is 4.8.0 too. I simply ran out of options here... the cluster is yellow, all services are yellow because of this version check and now I'm afraid of moving on with the CDH upgrade until I'd be sure CM is fully functional.

P.S. I've tried stopping/starting/restarting both CM and agents - nothing helps.

Please advise,

Oleksiy Kovyrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor
Weirdest thing. Just as I've posted this message I've decided to go poke around CM interface a bit more. While doing so I've clicked "try cloudera enterprise for 60 days", went through the configuration changes and stuff and after the restart it all went green! Not sure what happened, but it's all good now.

Sorry for the false alarm here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Oleksiy,

Can you share the exact error message (ie copy and paste it here)? There's a few error messages that can sound similar, so it's good to verify which one we're talking about. If you click on the Hosts tab, then run the Hosts inspector, it will generate a report that will list the software versions on each host, along with errors such as version mismatches. Please share this page with us.

Thanks,

Darren

New Contributor
Weirdest thing. Just as I've posted this message I've decided to go poke around CM interface a bit more. While doing so I've clicked "try cloudera enterprise for 60 days", went through the configuration changes and stuff and after the restart it all went green! Not sure what happened, but it's all good now.

Sorry for the false alarm here.