Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager - can't see anything after upgrade

New Contributor

hello all,

I have been set a 40 namenode cluster with Ubuntu 14.04.

after using the upgrade wizard when i log in to my Cloudera Manager i see nothing but the menu.
attached picture:
https://ibb.co/nR488v

please help me!

Roy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor
thanks !
i actually turned off the power of the machine, waited 15 min, and turn it back again, everything got back to it's place, I just needed to do restart everything i guess...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hello,

Based on what you have described it is likely that you may have encountered a bug which has been identified and corrected. Under certain conditions the package upgrade can overwrite the db.properties file located in /etc/cloudera-scm-server/. This generally occurs if you are using an external database but you still have the cloudera-scm-server-db package installed. You should not have this package installed if your database is non-local and not embedded. In order to restore service you should do the following.

1.) Stop Cloudera Manager.

2.) Inspect the contents of /etc/cloudera-scm-server

3.) Look for a backup of the db.properties file and restore it. There should be one.

4.) If there is no backup alter the existing properties to point to the correct database.

---
Customer Operations Engineer | Security SME | Cloudera, Inc.

New Contributor
thanks !
i actually turned off the power of the machine, waited 15 min, and turn it back again, everything got back to it's place, I just needed to do restart everything i guess...