Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera agent does not start

New Contributor

One of my agents failed to report to the cloudera server. I am using the same config.ini as other agents. 

It gives the following error upon start

service cloudera-scm-agent start
Starting cloudera-scm-agent (via systemctl):  Job for cloudera-scm-agent.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status cloudera-scm-agent.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
                                                           [FAILED]

The Python version being used by the CM agent does not seem to match with the installed version

/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/bin/python
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Aug 25 2010, 09:58:24)
[GCC 4.5.0] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

python --version
Python 2.7.5

Am I looking in the right direction? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
Installed Cloudera Manager packages were for RHEL6. Uninstall cloudera-manager-agent and cloudera-manager-daemons. Adjust yum repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/cloudera-manager.repo to EL7 Install CM agent packages, now with the correct OS version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Did you try to remove and add node from the cluster?

Master Guru

Hi,

I wonder if you have the right agent package installed for your OS.

- What is your OS version?

- What is the rpm -qa |grep cloudera output?

If you are on an OS that ships with python 2.7 natively, then the agent's virtual environment should also support that version.

Ben

Super Collaborator
Correct idea, it turned out that the EL6 packages were installed on this CentOS7 node. Re-installing the cloudera-manager-agent and cloudera-manager-daemons using the EL7 package resolves the issue.

Super Collaborator
Installed Cloudera Manager packages were for RHEL6. Uninstall cloudera-manager-agent and cloudera-manager-daemons. Adjust yum repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/cloudera-manager.repo to EL7 Install CM agent packages, now with the correct OS version.