Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Determine nav_elements and nav_relations counts for Navigator upgrade

Contributor
Hi all,   Can anyone tell me how to determine count of nav_elements and nav_relations ?   I am upgrading from 5.4 to 5.7 .  One of the pre checks is Navigator memory settings.  In this upgrade document it mentions how to calculate how much memory I'll need.   #URL http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cn_iu_metadata_server.html#xd_583c10b...   #Heading on URL Navigator Metadata Server Memory Sizing Recommendations   I restarted navigator metadata server to force a log entry as shown but cannot find the values they claim will be generated.     Thanks, Tod
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi Tod,

A very late reaction but I've had the same issue. My resolution was setting the log level to INFO (ours was at WARN level). When you restart the service nav_elements and nav_relations can be found in the log.

Stef

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Hi Tod,

A very late reaction but I've had the same issue. My resolution was setting the log level to INFO (ours was at WARN level). When you restart the service nav_elements and nav_relations can be found in the log.

Stef