Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Download Client Configuration link for Spark_On_Yarn not available

Rising Star

We are trying to configure a host to allow client connections to various services on our cluster.  For Hive, HDFS and YARN we use the provided "Download Client Configuration" link exposed in the actions dropdown menu for each service.  This link isn't active in the actions menu for Spark_On_Yarn, however there is a "Deploy Client Configuration" link available. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Thanks for your reply.  The following link leads me to believe that what I'm seeing is expected:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics-Apache-Spark/Spark-gateway-not-starting/m-p/490...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Guru

@dturner,

Perhaps you don't have Spark_On_Yarn Gateway roles on any hosts?  Usually other roles depend on it, but I can't think of any other reasons the Deploy Client Configuration link wouldn't be available.

Rising Star

Hi. Thank you for the reply.

Just to clarify, the “Deploy” configuration link is available. It’s the “Download” link that I’m asking about. It is not available.

However - good point about the gateway role.  I notice that I have " 8 none" next to the Gateway hosts status.  

Master Guru

Ah, thanks for pointing that out... I did miss the "Download" part.

Indeed, that feature is not available for Spark since the client configuration requires script-based post-processing. The best way for you to get a working Spark client configuration, then, is to copy the spark configuration from a cluster host that has the Spark Gateway role on it.

Rising Star

Ah. I see.  In the Cloudera Director bootstrap config file for this deployment, I have the Spark_On_Yarn Gateway role enabled for all cluster hosts.  The hosts are associated with the role, however the role didn't start after deployment.  I tried starting the gateway role on one of the nodes using Cloudera Manager and receive the following error:

"Command Start is not currently available for execution"

All other Spark roles (and remaining cluster services / roles) are functioning normally.

We are running CDH 5.14.2 

Rising Star

Thanks for your reply.  The following link leads me to believe that what I'm seeing is expected:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics-Apache-Spark/Spark-gateway-not-starting/m-p/490...