New Contributor

Error connecting to Hive Amazon EC2 using Cloudera Manager

Hi,

I am trying to install Cloudera Enterprise in Amazon EC2. In the "Starting the cluster step", I ran into this error

Creating Hive Metastore Database Tables

[ main] SqlRunner ERROR Error connecting to db with user 'hive' and jdbcUrl 'jdbc:postgresql://ip-10-134-205-163.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal:7432/hive'

I did not see this private DNS is my EC2 instances. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections. at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136) at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125) at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30) at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22) at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30) at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.(Jdbc4Connection.java:24) at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393) at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185) at com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.SqlRunner.open(SqlRunner.java:109) at com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.SqlRunner.runSingleQuery(SqlRunner.java:80) at com.cloudera.cmf.service.hive.HiveMetastoreDbUtil.countTables(HiveMetastoreDbUtil.java:191) ... 2 more Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:375) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:189) at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.(PGStream.java:62) at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:76) ... 15 more