Explorer

Error installing Parcel (Adding host to cluster) - CDH 5.11

Hi,

I am seeing below errors in agent logs, while installing parcels on hosts.

I tried un-installing Open JDK, but still seeing the same in logs. Can you please let me how this can be resolved.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 710, in __issue_heartbeat
self._init_after_first_heartbeat_response(resp_data)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/agent.py", line 948, in _init_after_first_heartbeat_response
self.client_configs.load()
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 713, in load
new_deployed.update(self._lookup_alternatives(fname))
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 434, in _lookup_alternatives
return self._parse_alternatives(alt_name, out)
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmf-5.11.0-py2.7.egg/cmf/client_configs.py", line 446, in _parse_alternatives
path, _, _, priority_str = line.rstrip().split(" ")
ValueError: too many values to unpack

Explorer

Re: Error installing Parcel (Adding host to cluster) - CDH 5.11

The issue was indeed with Open JDK.

alternatives --remove <cmd>  <path>    --- didnt remove the entry for java alternatives.

I manually deleted all the dir under /usr/lib/jvm 

and removed the entries related to Open JDK from /var/lib/alternatives/java file.

Only after manually removing those entries form the /var/lib/alternatives/java file, the alternatives --config java didnt showed the option for open jdk.

The issue has been resolved now.