New Contributor

Re: Exhausted available authentication methods

Hi, i have the same problem, but cannot find the file "10-perfmgmt" on the "/etc/sudoers.d". Can you tell the steps to solve this?

thank you

New Contributor

Done, used nano editor
New Contributor

I could not find the file "10-perfmgmt" under "/etc/sudoers.d"

So created a new one and added lines below

root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

%sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL

But i still could not figure it out..any help will be greatly appreciated

Explorer

You need to enter the "userid" through which you are logging in your linux box. You can try editing /etc/sudoers also with the above parameteres.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Extremely Helpful....Thanks a lot

Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried it with the method listed in this page. I was not able to complete installation. Please help. 

Kudos: 119
Solutions: 62

[ Edited ]

@Sruthi223 Since this is an older post, it may be benificial to start a new topic for your particular issue as the solution outlined here did not work for you. Make sure to provide all relevent information in the new post. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Explorer

Hi, I am using CDH 5.4.3 vm to install cloudera manager. But while installing through web console(localhost:7180) I am facing the following error 2016-09-03 09:59:12,012 WARN NodeConfiguratorThread-5-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator: Could not authenticate to localhost net.schmizz.sshj.userauth.UserAuthException: Exhausted available authentication methods at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:232) at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.auth(SSHClient.java:208) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.connect(NodeConfigurator.java:341) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.configure(NodeConfigurator.java:889) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.node.NodeConfigurator.run(NodeConfigurator.java:935) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) In my centos vm I do not have any file named 10-perfmgmt under /etc/sudoers.d. So I created one file and add the following lines root ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL %sudo ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL Now my question is, what user id should I write here in order to avoid the error. I am using a vm player and logging as 'training' here. My superuser is 'root'. Why am I getting this error, what is the actual solution for it. Please help me onthis.
Explorer

Hi,

I am able to fix the "Exhausted available authentication methods method" issue the way you suggested. thanks for that. But now I am facing another issue while installing cloudera manager agent. Below is the error message:

Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: portmap
Error: Package: cloudera-manager-agent-5.8.1-1.cm581.p0.7.el6.x86_64 (cloudera-manager)
Requires: mod_ssl
Requires: httpd

yum install is not soilving my problem since I dont have the repos for portmap, mod_ssl and httpd. Not sure how to install them direcltly from online since I am not getting the correct repo / mirror address.

Looking forward for your cooperation.

New Contributor

On Ubuntu,

Edit : 

/etc/sudoers

Add on the end of file:

userid ALL=(ALL)NOPASSWD:ALL

Instead of userid put your usernam with sudo privileges. 

Announcements