Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDFS ACLs

Explorer

Hello, I trying to use Acls in My cluster Cloudera. I modified /etc/hadoop/conf/hdfs-site.xml property to true

<property>
<name>dfs.namenode.acls.enabled</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

but when I execute a acls command I receive the next message

setfacl: The ACL operation has been rejected. Support for ACLs has been disabld by setting dfs.namenode.acls.enabled to false.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

In you cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox, open the web browser navigate and login to Cloudera Manager. In Cloudera Manager Server Homepage using your keyboard hit the Search Hotkey " / " (a forward slash without the quotes). Then again using your keboard type acl - from the drop-down list select the 'hdfs: Enable Access Control Lists' < this should take you to the relevant configuration page where you have to click on the checkbox > [Save] and restart the hdfs service.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Collaborator

Is your cluster managed by Cloudera Manager server, or are you managing the Hadoop configurations using an editor?

Explorer

Hi Michalis, I'm using cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox.

I'm sure who is managing the cluster.

Regards,

Master Collaborator

In you cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.5.0-0-virtualbox over virtualbox, open the web browser navigate and login to Cloudera Manager. In Cloudera Manager Server Homepage using your keyboard hit the Search Hotkey " / " (a forward slash without the quotes). Then again using your keboard type acl - from the drop-down list select the 'hdfs: Enable Access Control Lists' < this should take you to the relevant configuration page where you have to click on the checkbox > [Save] and restart the hdfs service.

Explorer

Michalis, thanks for your help. It's OK.

But now I have other problem. I have two user created into OS LInux, and two groups. 

cgmuros -> grp_cl_developer

cgmurosbrasil -> grp_br_developer

I defined the next permissions.

# /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project drwxr-x---  hdfs:grp_cl_developer

I execute the next command to assign read and execute to cgmurosbrasil user

# sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -setfacl -R -m user:cgmurosbrasil:r-x /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project

When I use the cgmurosbrasil and execute the next command I receive the next message

# hadoop fs -ls /chile/desarrollo/000_int_project

"Permission denied: user=cgmurosbrasil, access=EXECUTE, inode="/chile":hdfs:grp_cl_developer:drwxr-x---"

Thanks for your time.

Explorer

I fixed assigning r-x to chile directory.

# sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -setfacl -R -m user:cgmurosbrasil:r-x /chile

Thanks.